FEBRUARY 14, 2018 UPDATE: Wahoo’s is generously donating 20% of gross receipts, Jack’s donating 100% of book profits, from both original “Ding Dong Diaries” & PRE-ORDER ONLY SPECIAL EDITION SEQUEL!
(Scroll DOWN for details on how we’re selecting families for the free doorbell)
“OH NO!” IF YOU THOUGHT IT WAS TOO LATE TO JOIN OUR DING DONG FUNDRAISER… got good news for you. We will continue to accept your donation – as we embark on a new special project.
Been a while since my last visit with Ed Lee, Co- Founder of Wahoo’s. He (along with Chick Fil-A’s Justin Young, Joe Bonafede of JoJo’s Pizza Kitchen & Jon Pucci of Grandma Pucci’s Ice Cream) graciously & generously partnered with me over the years.
Many of you still remind me of how I bribed half our city with goodies. I gave him a copy of my book as a personal THANK YOU. As we chatted, he suggested doing something together again. The book signing at his Chino Hills Wahoo’s? HIS idea. Donating 20%? HIS idea. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, ED!
John & I already do a lot for our sellers. Now we have a new community project for those of you who are NOT going anywhere, for those of us who call Chino Hills our heart & home. All sorts of ideas came to mind. A visit to a home recently burglarized and my light bulb went on. Starting with senior families I’ve visited, our goal is to provide them at NO CHARGE a Security Doorbell Camera. The doorbell also reminded me of my unique relationship with one homeowner whom I’ve never even met…
(ONE requirement: they have a smart phone. If the the monthly monitoring fee is an issue, or aren’t sure about installation, we’ll figure something out.)
If we can dream out loud, we’d love to install a Doorbell EVERY WEEK in someone’s home. (As of January 12, 2018, John & I have made the commitment to install free-of-charge ONE-A-WEEK, on our expense. We are in the final stages of finalizing this! NEGOTIATIONS DONE as of February 4, 2018!) Between Ed & Wahoo’s, Ring.com, John & me & YOU along with a few thousand of the kindest families I know, we CAN make our families safer!
Book signing! But, BUT – “What if you already HAVE ”The Ding Dong Diaries?” No problem. Your donation gets you to pre-order a SPECIAL edition of the SEQUEL, tentatively due Dec. 2019. It will have a bunch of content that will NOT be in the regular public release printing, and will only be available by pre-order. It’s going to have a special cover, pictures, stories I thought were too embarrassing from the current book, and this just in:
I recently received a letter that absolutely floored me, humbled me, and actually made me cry on the spot. On the less serious side, it gave me THIS idea. Here’s your opportunity to take any kind of pot shot at me – good, bad and anything goes. The ONLY requirement is you SIGN your name – because it will GO INTO THE BOOK in the special Chino Hills only edition!
John+Jack Goal: To PROVIDE 1,000 RING Camera Doorbells to make 1,000 Chino Hills Families SAFER!
Account name is Soliman Chino Hills Community Fund. It’s a business checking account, not a 501(c)(3). It is SEPARATE from my business & personal accounts, solely set up to hold donations & funds to be immediately put to use serving and doing something good for our Chino Hills families. Every expenditure will be outlined & updated on 9jack.com/give. We have had our tax professional file the paperwork to set up a non-profit for multiple & amazing reasons. It will be called “91709 Safe“!
SEE YOU ALL MARCH 11, 2018 at WAHOO’S CHINO HILLS, 1a – 3p. THANK YOU!
Jan 13, 2018: Feb 2, 2018: Feb 14, 2018: If we could, John & I would love to give everyone a doorbell. But we can’t. We have to start somewhere.
OUR CURRENT GOAL, once we finalize negotiations, is to install ONE security doorbell EVERY WEEK in a Chino Hills home. JOHN & I ARE DOING THIS AS A WAY TO SAY THANK YOU TO OUR COMMUNITY, AS OUR WAY OF GIVING BACK.
1. To make it fair, you don’t have to be a client, past or present or future. YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE TO LIKE ME, but you must be someone John or I have met & know.
2. As of this time, we are starting with our families where at least ONE of the PRINCIPAL homeowners is in their 90s & 80s, and very likely from ages 76 to 79 as well. It is our intent to make this an ONGOING project, for the rest of our careers. We’ll then move into the 70s & 60s and so forth.
3. The ONLY exceptions for the age requirement right now are:
a. You have been burglarized in the last 12 months (police report or verification needed);
b. One of the PRINCIPAL homeowners is disabled, or going through a serious medical condition.
4. For now, you must be someone John or I have met. (duplicate)
5. John & I reserve the right to make exceptions.
6. Should you receive a doorbell, but decide for whatever reason not to continue, PLEASE let us know so we can give it to another family.
7. I’m figuring out minimum requirements for installation. We are happy to coordinate with your designated family member or friend who would be willing to monitor your home with you.
8. There are NO strings attached. The doorbell is free. I’ve been told it is an easy install. I’M IN THE PROCESS OF COORDINATING LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD VOLUNTEERS TO HELP OUT.
9. If you’re TOO YOUNG, Ring.com is setting up a special account for us. You will get a $25 discount upfront for EVERY item you buy. Then you’ll have two options:
a) You can choose to get a rebate that will make your cost lower than Costco, Amazon or Walmart. OR –
b) You can choose to “PAY IT FORWARD” and have us apply your rebate towards another senior’s home in Chino Hills!
Either way, you’re good!
If you have a question I have not answered, please use the form below:
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MISUSE OR ANY CONSEQUENCES OF THE DOORBELL. ALL QUESTIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE DOORBELL MUST BE DIRECTED TO THE EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AT THE DOORBELL COMPANY TO BE SPECIFIED. We also reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue this project.